Mortensnes as a centre of trade
The trade centre at Ceavccageađge/Mortensnes was established in 1784. From the beginning of the 1800s and up to the bankruptcy in 1877 the trade centre was run by the Nordvi family.
The trade in the north was usually conducted as exchange trade, where nature products such as furs, reindeer horn, fish and fish oils were traded for metals and jewellery and later timber and food products such as flour, sugar and salt, canvas, cloth, spirits and other things. Later the trade developed to become a money trade.